Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Well, Now that I have a blog, I guess I had better start using it! I have been trying to come up with ideas to bring forward on this blog. As stated earlier, I certainly have a love of Irish/Celtic music, especially that played on the whistle. Since I have really been bitten by the bug of building the whistles, I plan to post weekly on the whistle building process I have developed. I will include pictures of the tools I use and pictures of my various whistles. I hope to add clips of folks playing them (certainly not me, I don't want to subject the internet to that). I have promises by several very accomplished players to do so and will add them as they become available.
I also plan to elaborate on the various materials I use for the whistles.
Hope to get started next week after I return from the Westcliff Bluegrass festival, Bluegrass being my other obsession!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm very much looking forward to your upcoming posts on your whistle building technique.

    I own three Milligan Whistles, and I love them all!

    Thanks,
    JLF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love bluegrass. Sing along to my CD's whenever I am in the car traveling here and there. I've got Kentucky roots along that wee bit o Irish so I can sing up a storm and enjoy the drive. :-)

    ReplyDelete